tonight, thursday 8/25, @ powerhouse books in brooklyn:
THE HIPSTER PUPPIES DOG PAGEANT!
bring a pup to compete! just come to gawk! free pbr! limited edition cassettes! the chance to tell your friends you’re “into books”! did i mention free beer?! rsvp here!
first prize is a $75 gift certificate to ps9 pet supplies, second prize is a $25 gift certificate to sound fix records
look at all the sick press it got:
• time out new york ran our funniest interview yet, and a photo gallery where i yell at yelpers for some reason.
• the village voice made it a voice choice
• metro new york has the brilliant "smug pug parade" headline and a brief interview with a hideous man.
• brooklyn paper has me saying in all sincerity, “i don’t want to compromise the integrity of the pageant”
• harpers has a fascinating article about xenophobia and violence in america
if you can’t make it out to powerhouse, i’ll be spinning records at sound fix in brooklyn on saturday. bring a dog, get a $1 off a book! more info here
[photo of rogue via ashley j]